Accountable to: Executive Director
Cochrane and Area Victim Services Society is a community based not-for profit organization that provides immediate crisis response, intervention, and prevention services which are responsive to the needs of individuals, families and communities affected by crime, tragedy and trauma.
The Client Support Summer Student will be responsible for providing assistance to victims of crime, tragedy and trauma. The Client Support Worker Summer Student will strive to empower and respect the rights of victims by providing support, information and referrals. This role will provide assistance with program administration, data entry, client file management, program development, community events, fundraising initiatives and the provision of direct services to clients. The work term will commence in May 2019 and last for a 4-month period.
- 30-37.5 hours per week
- Work term of May-August
- Some evening and weekend work may be required
- Ongoing training as required
- Ability to receive and maintain RCMP reliability status security clearance
- Attended a post-secondary in the 2018-2019 academic years and returning to school full time in the fall
- Post-secondary student working towards a Diploma/Degree in social services or a related field is an asset
- No criminal record
- Ability to complete online Alberta Justice and Solicitor General training
- Strong time management skills
- Work well as part of a team and independently
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and handle confidential/sensitive information
- Flexibility to adjust schedule and tasks as required
- Capability to remain calm during high-stress or highly emotional situations
- Previous office administration and non-profit experience is an asset
- Exercise independent judgement and action within established guidelines
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and database management
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License
- Preference given to local candidates
Closing Date: March 26th
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Summer Student-Client Support Worker.
No phone calls please.